The Commission on Thriving Congregations is charged with increasing the number of congregations in the Presbytery that are thriving in their life and ministry, forming communities of faith that are:
- clear about their purpose,
- equipped with competent leaders,
- intentionally forming Christian disciples,
- celebrating with joyful, relevant worship,
- welcoming new persons into their ministries,
- growing in generosity and stewardship, and
- practicing evangelism effectively.
Working through four teams, and offering a range of resources, the Commission on Thriving Congregations intends to encourage, challenge and equip congregations throughout the Presbytery to become so spiritually alive and so creatively engaged with their communities that those around them will be drawn to share in the abundance of their dynamic life in Christ. Can you imagine your church as a thriving congregation?